Everything you should know about Inlife
See first, choose after. No surprises.
Privacy and Data
Inlife Portugal will provide you a completely innovative and personalized experience whenever you search for accommodation in Portugal. We do it by collecting only the basic and extremely necessary information in order to present you the housing solutions that best match your preferences, while protecting your personal information and privacy.
- Looking for an accommodation: we will ask you for your preferences and monthly budget so we can present you with the most suitable options.
- Reservation request: when you request a room/apartment we will collect the payment data, your personal information and your VAT number (if requested by you), however we will not have access to this information. The payment details will be directed to a partner platform (Stripe and Paypal) to ensure the correctness of the transaction. Your payment is totally safe and your personal information is 100% encrypted.
- After being accepted by the landlord: in this case, your contact information is going to be shared with the landlord. In case the landlord neither accepts your request nor answers it in 24 hours, no money will be charged to you and you will be able to choose another accommodation option.
Occasionally, we could use your information to recommend you options for accommodation that match your location preferences and budget.
You can always delete your account and ask for your data to be deleted at anytime.
To get more information, read our Terms and Conditions, Data Policy and Information Policy.
Through our platform we offer different services to both Inlifers and Landlords.
– To Inlifers, we provide two services: the Housing Trip and My Inlife Advisor:
- The Housing Trip is our on-site booking service that allows you to book your accommodation, after you see it. It consists of a 2 hour guided tour by one of our professional operators, in which we invite you to visit 3 apartments from our verified database, selected for you according to your preferences. We support you throughout the process until you are well-rested in your new accommodation.
- My Inlife advisor is our online booking service that allows you to book your accommodation remotely and safely, checking the property before you book it. By choosing this service, you have the possibility to make video calls from anywhere in the world and speak to one of our Advisors to visit the most suitable accommodation options for you. In addition, you will be able to see the house where you will live, its amenities, other tenants and you might even get to know the landlord. This is the perfect moment for you to ask about the surroundings and clear all doubts you might have about the accomodation before you make your reservation. What are you waiting for?
– To Landlords we provide four services:
Accommodation with or without exclusivity; Exclusive accommodation with guaranteed income; Property management and Property management with guaranteed income.
For more information access the area destined to Landlords.
- We differentiate ourselves through our proximity with both tenants and landlords.
- We are an online platform, but we are different from the others. We facilitate the reservation process, ensuring the closeness of our relationship is not lost.
- We believe all tenants should know the place where they are going to stay and have no surprises when they get to the accommodation.
- We believe the landlord, if they wish so, should meet their tenant before booking with them.
Inlife quickly puts homeowners and tenants in touch, saving both parties time and money. The owners do not need to show the apartments, respond to hundreds of emails and phone calls to get a renter.
The tenants do not need to waste time choosing properties and are able to make reservations from the comfort of their own home or even personally visiting the options that best suit their preferences.
Of course! We are happy to help everybody to find the best accommodation.
Booking with Inlife is a guarantee that:
- The options you will see are chosen according to your requirements and availability. You will not be lost in thousands of options that do not match what you want and need;
- You will be presented 3 accommodation options, chosen specifically according to what you want. Then, you will be able choose your favorite. It’s simple and time saver.
- See what you are going to book, before you commit to any reservation. Nothing better than your own validation!
- You will not be fooled by professional photographs (captured at the perfect angle) that do not match what you saw in the photographs at the time of your reservation.
- Your payment is safe and will be mediated by us. It will be delivered to the landlord only after you enter the accommodation
- Your landlord is 100% real as is the accommodation.
To book with us you will only have to:
- Visit the Inlife Portugal website www.inlifeportugal.com
- Click “Book Now”, you can find this button in multiple places on the website.
- Choose the most suitable service for you: the Housing Trip if you want to visit the accommodation in person, or My Inlife Advisor if you want to make the visit through a video call while still at home.
- Give us your accommodation preferences.
- If you choose the Housing Trip service:
- Wait for your visit day and then, you can book the option that you like the most.
- If you choose the My Inlife Advisor service:
- We are going to send you the most appropriate solutions, according to your preferences.
- Book the video call for the accommodation you liked the most.
- When you are 100% sure of your decision, you can book the accommodation by adding your payment information (credit / debit card or Paypal). Note: You will only be charged when the landlord accepts your reservation.
- Wait 48h for the landlord’s answer.
- As soon as the landlord accepts your booking request, the accommodation is yours! You will receive a confirmation email and the landlord’s personal information.
Booking with us is 100% safe and we can tell you why:
- We can prove
We host more than 1000 international students every semester. But that is not all. Every month we help over 200 people across the country to find the right accommodation solution for them.
We work hard to find the best solution for everyone who comes to us, whether you are a displaced worker or student. Check out testimonials from other Inlifers on Facebook, Google or Youtube and see it for yourself.
- We have a team available for you
We have real people in our team, many of them former Inlifers, available to answer all your questions and doubts.
- Your payments are safe
Whenever you pay for a reservation you have the guarantee that your payment is 100% encrypted. In addition, by paying directly through Inlife, we will transfer your payment to the landlord 48 hours after the day of your arrival, and only if it is all good with your entrance process.
- Cancellation Policy
We have cancellation policies that allow you to receive a refund up to 100% of the amount you paid to ensure your reservation. To have more details about the conditions of reimbursement you should consult our Terms and Conditions.
- We verify the properties
All accommodations on the platform are checked by us. In addition, you can do your own check before you book it (could not be better!).
Yes, we verify all apartments before we recommend them.
Yes. In most cases you will be able to visit the accommodations either in person or through a video call.
In specific cases or time periods where the landlord is not able to provide us access to the property (e.g. landlord is on vacation and did not leave any set of keys with us), we will provide you with detailed information about the inside of the apartment and you’ll still be able to check all the surrounding areas.
Yes, but it is always better if you could give us a call before to schedule a meeting. you can do it by calling to +351 211 605 694.
You can find us at Av. da República 101, 7º floor 1050-190 Lisbon, Portugal.
About the Housing Trip service
The Housing Trip consists of a 2-hour tour, conducted by one of our professional operators, in which we take you to visit 3 of the apartments in our verified database, selected for you according to the preferences you defined in your registration. We will support and help you throughout the process until you are well-rested in your new accommodation.
Inlife launched this innovative concept in Portugal in the year 2014, bettering a model of accommodation for students that was originated in Canada a few years before and has been proved to be very effective. Adapting this model to the Portuguese reality, we have improved it and professionalized it. As you can see, it resulted in an optimized, unique and highly satisfactory accommodation experience for students who come to live in a new city in Portugal.
For those who are looking for accommodation and are already in Portugal, this is the best service for you and we tell you why:
– It allows you to visit different options of accommodation in person before making a final decision;
– You can have a detailed description of the neighborhood and are also able to check the apartment surroundings (supermarkets, restaurants and other useful places that are nearby). But most importantly, you visit the interior of each house and make sure it is exactly what you have seen and expected;
– You can count on a professional operator that is ready to clarify any doubts you might have;
– We offer you a highly personalized service at a fair and affordable price. Due to our vast partnerships, we charge you about half of what our top competitors do.
– In other words, Housing Trips allow you to be 100% confident about your choice, saving you plenty of time, work and money throughout the process.
We are confident that through our algorithm and the professional operator’s validation we will present to you the best options according to your requirements. However, if you are not completely satisfied with what you have seen during the Housing Trip, we will find a new range of apartments until you find the perfect option for you.
Our wide range of options and logistic system allow us to always have different possibilities available during the most intense period of student arrivals: August and September, and then January, February and March. With that said, you should not worry if you are coming to Portugal in those months, because your 3 options will be guaranteed. However if you are not willing to wait for the Housing Trip experience, you have the possibility to upgrade to the My Inlife Advisor service and make a visit through a video call.
All apartments have been previously reviewed by our team and carefully selected in order to ensure they meet our comfort, safety and convenience standards. All of them are located in central areas with great accessibility to public transportation (metro and bus). Every room in our platform is furnished (bed, wardrobe, desk / table and chair) and other equipment may be available.
If you really want to see photos and know more information about the accommodation before you visit it, then the most recommended service is My Inlife Advisor.
About the Housing Trip, as the accommodation availability may change, we do not provide accurate information until the Housing Trip day. For example, a certain apartment may be available on a day and booked that same evening during another Housing Trip, so it will no longer be available for the next day’s visit. We truly believe in the idea of choosing after seeing.
However, the most important aspect is always guaranteed: you will visit the 3 apartments that best suit your preferences at the time of your Housing Trip.
And even if you are not satisfied with any of the 3 apartments you have visited, we will happily present you more options. We work hard to ensure that you are confident with your accommodation choice. But do not worry, Housing Trip is a winning experience as you can confirm by checking the testimonials on our website and social networks.
You will receive an email with all the details in advance. The meeting point is usually in Cidade Universitária, in front of the University Cafeteria, right next to the metro station. This place was chosen due to being an easy meeting point and to have a parking lot for our vehicles.
After the tour is finished, you can either stay in the area of the apartments you visited or we can take you back to the meeting point. In some cases, one of the members of our team may leave you anywhere else, depending on the route they will take after the Housing Trip.
There are two possible times for a Housing Trip: one in the morning (10 a.m.) and one in the afternoon (2.30 p.m.). Note: Sometimes, for logistical reasons, these times may change, but do not worry we will let you know of any schedule change.
Therefore, if your flight arrives after 1 p.m. (WET – Western European Time), we recommend you to book the tour for the next day. In this case, you can request accommodation at one of our guesthouses for a very affordable price, depending on its availability, and then schedule the Housing Trip for the next day.
If you want to take someone with you on this visit (for example a family member, a friend who has not registered for a visit or just someone to help you choose) you can do so if you have indicated that you will have a helper or flatmate on the onboarding form. If you haven’t indicated that, please inform us in advance so that we can fulfill your request.
Due to space limitations, you should not take more than one backpack with you for the tour. Although, If you book our airport shuttle service, we will handle all of your luggage for you.
You can reserve a space in one of our guesthouses, according to their availability. If there are no rooms available, you should look for another accommodation option.
About the My Inlife Advisor service
The My Inlife Advisor service will put you in contact with one of our personal Advisors who will search, together with our algorithm, the ideal accommodation for you. Besides that, you will be able to make live video calls to check accommodation options and make your online reservation safely.
This service is for those who are not in Portugal yet and want to book accommodation from abroad with total confidence and security. My Inlife Advisor is the perfect service for you and we can tell you why:
– It allows you to video call different possibilities of accommodation before making a final decision;
– You will get a detailed description of the accommodation area. You will be able to see firsthand the streets that you will be crossing in your routine and also nearest metro and bus stations. In addition, you can also ask about the supermarkets, restaurants and other useful services that are nearby. But most importantly, you will check the interior of each apartment;
– You will be assigned a personal and professional Advisor to help you, accompany you and clarify all your doubts;
– We offer you a unique service in the market, highly personalized at a fair and affordable price.
Summarizing and concluding: The My Inlife Advisor service is a premium service at an affordable price that allows you to be 100% confident about the place you will choose to live, saving you plenty of time, work and money all through the process.
The My Inlife Advisor service includes:
- Search and match with 3 accommodation solutions according to your preferences
- Access to a personal advisor who will lead the live visits on the day and time agreed with you
- Support on all matters related to your accommodation and area where it is located
- Support in contractual matters between you and the landlord.
The payment you make at the onboarding is to have access to the included services in My Inlife Advisor. My Inlife Advisor is a premium service at a reduced price, perfect for those who do not know the city or do not have time to browse through hundreds of options in order to choose the right one.
Accommodation suggestions will be displayed on your dashboard within a maximum of 24 hours after you subscribe to the service. During this time we will be working on your profile, your preferences and the options available right now to present you to the 3 most appropriate options.
When you receive your accommodation options you can request a live tour to one of them, or if you think it is not necessary, you can immediately request to book the accommodation. You should proceed with the scheduling as soon as possible so that we can carry out the live tour, or confirm your reservation.
If you have already chosen your live tour by clicking the “Book live tour” button, you should wait for our time and date suggestions to schedule the visit. You will receive 3 proposals from your personal Advisor via email which will also be available on your dashboard.
After receiving the 3 availability options, you should accept the one you prefer. We will send you email notifications to remember the date and time of the live tour, up to 1 hour before the appointment.
Note: If you can not attend any of the proposed times or have to cancel your visit, we ask you to contact your personal Advisor to decide on the best time together.
Typically, live tours are done by video call on Whatsapp. Make sure that at the time of your live tour, the internet connection is not a problem and that you have already exchanged Whatsapp contacts with your advisor.
If you have made your live tour and still want to see more options, you have the right to make two more, up to a maximum of three. So, you should go back to your dashboard and request a new live tour for one of the options that have been suggested to you. From that moment on the process will be the same.
After your live tour, if you want to reserve the accommodation, you should access your dashboard, click on “request to book” or “reserve immediately” and proceed to payment. The accommodation will only be booked once you receive the booking confirmation by email.
After making the reservation request you must wait for its confirmation. It will be sent to you by email.
Paying for our services is easy, you can use the traditional payment methods: Credit Card, Debit Card and Paypal.
When you subscribe to “Housing Trip” or “My Inlife Advisor” you will pay the amount stipulated to have access to the package of service you have chosen in our exclusive platform. We will request your payment details or PayPal details and the amount will be charged immediately. From this moment on you will have access to the services.
When you choose your accommodation and send a booking request, we will ask you again for your payment details or PayPal details so that you can reserve the accommodation. The amount will not be charged immediately, only when the landlord accepts your reservation. Once your reservation is accepted, we will charge our service fee and the first month’s rent. The booking fee is calculated based on the monthly fee for the first month.
If the owner also charges a security deposit, the corresponding amount will be charged on the day you enter the accommodation by the landlord himself or by your Advisor on his behalf.
When you subscribe to “Housing Trip” or “My Inlife Advisor” you are paying to access the services included in these packages.
When you book an accommodation on the Inlife platform you make a payment for the first month’s rent (which will be later transferred to the owner after the 48 hours security period from your entry) and a payment for our service charge (which covers the costs of our platform and team).
Yes, we send invoices of our “Housing Trip” or “My Inlife Advisor” services and the booking fee. They will be sent attached to the email when you subscribe and also when your reservation is confirmed.
In terms of your first month’s rent (and all other monthly payments, as well as the security deposit), you must ask directly to the landlord. Since Inlife only keeps your payment until 48 hours after you enter the residence, we will no longer be responsible for it, so you must contact the landlord and he/she will give you the invoices you may need. Please note that due to landlords’ language limitations, sometimes Inlife operators may contact you about monthly payments, but always on their behalf.
The rent will be paid directly to the landlord and the method will be settled with them. Please note that due to language limitations of owners, sometimes Inlife operators may contact you about monthly payments, but always on their behalf.
You can apply your promo code on the payment page in the specific box.
The Booking Fee is a one-time fee to cover the costs of our platform and in-house team.
In most cases the rent already includes all expenses, including: electricity, water, gas, television, internet and weekly cleaning. However, you should check the information in the house’s detail to confirm that the bills are included in the final price.
When your payment is accepted you will receive a confirmation email, usually within 48 hours.
No, in order to have the best experience and legitimacy, all payments must be made through the Inlife platform. In case you have opted for the Housing Trip, after your tour, you will receive a secure and 100% encrypted web form so you can make your reservation safely.
If your payment authorization failed, this may have happened because your credit card was flagged as suspicious to the system (this sometimes happens when you spend more than what you usually do or even when the invoice address diverges from what you have indicated).
What you should do then is contact your bank and your credit card company and ask them to authorize the deposit. Since the transaction was declined by our platform, your credit card company must be able to process the refund and the amount should be returned to you within a few days. When this happens, you must make a new payment through the link that we will send you.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Yes, of course. With Inlife you can always visit the accommodation in advance.
If you have chosen the “My Inlife Advisor” service:
- Request a video call (you can visit up to 3 options).
- If you are confident enough with the information you have received, you can make a reservation request or an immediate reservation (if the option is available for this accommodation).
If you have opted for the “Housing Trip” service:
- Inform your operator that you want to book it
- Submit a reservation request for this option when it is available in your email or dashboard.
Yes, with Inlife you can book either a room or the whole property.
To send a housing complaint you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your reservation number and reason for the complaint. The Inlife Portugal team will review your request and reply as soon as possible.
You came to the right place! You should only choose the most suitable service for you and submit your general preferences (such as the maximum price you are willing to pay and some indication of the most useful location, for example, your university area). We handle the rest, we will send you several options in different areas while providing detailed information on each of them.
Yes, landlords usually require a security deposit which you must pay them or the operator (if he is representing the owner) on the day you enter the accommodation.
Yes, we can provide you with a booking and an accommodation proof. If you need the renting contract you should ask directly to the landlord.
Yes, usually the owners allow you to have overnight guests in the accommodation .
No, the accommodation is only booked after making the first payment.
Was your reservation request approved? Perfect, you became an Inlifer!
Now, you will receive an email with all the details of your reservation and the accommodation. One of our Advisors will be in touch with you regarding your accommodation check-in and answer any possible doubts you may have.
Our accommodation service has been developed with the objective of providing maximum brevity in the process, with simple and efficient procedures. So, as soon as you choose your favorite room/apartment you will be immediately provided with all the information and details you might need in order to move in quickly.
Usually, most rooms will be available for immediate entry. However, if it happens that the room you have chosen is occupied, you will be informed of the exact date on which you can move in to your new accommodation.
The contract you sign with Inlife is an agreement that sets out the rules you must follow when staying in an Inlife landlord’s house and the terms and conditions you accepted when you made the reservation. One of the Inlife operators will help you read the contract so that you are fully informed about it and in order to avoid misunderstanding. This is not a rental contract, the only one who can give you this type of contract is the landlord.
If you want a rental contract with the landlord, you must request it before you make the reservation or ask directly to the landlord after you move in into the accommodation. However, it should be noted that such contracts generally apply to long-term stays.
The great advantage of using Inlife as your accommodation platform is that you make reservations only after you have seen the accommodation. By itself, this fact already assures the veracity and loyalty of the accommodation features presented to you and if it matches what you expected and were looking for. However, to enhance your confidence, we give you a 48-hour security period which allows you to be compensated in case of an unexpected event at your entry day.
If you find an accommodation that seems completely different from what you booked, or with conditions different from the ones you were presented with, please let us know within a 48-hour period.
For more information visit our terms and conditions.
If you are offered an accommodation solution with the “immediate booking” feature, it means:
- An exclusive accommodation of Inlife Portugal.
- You can reserve it immediately for a specific period of time.
- You do not need to wait for the landlord’s confirmation. The apartment/room is automatically yours.
If you are interested in this accommodation, we recommend you to schedule it as soon as possible as they are usually not available for a long time on the platform.
Accommodation options with the “Book immediately” feature have a clear and indicative text of this possibility. By clicking on the accommodation you will be able to check the details of the house. You can make the reservation immediately by clicking on the “Book immediately” button.
To cancel an immediate reservation you must contact us through our email email@example.com, indicating your reservation number and the cancellation reason. The Inlife Portugal team will review your request and send you an email with an answer.
The minimum stay contract is 4 months. However, if you want a shorter period, send us an email and we might be able to help you.
The contracts depend on the landlords’ policy. Usually the contracts are fortnightly, starting always at the beginning of the fortnight (day 1 of each month or day 15 of each month), regardless of your entrance day. For example, if you enter on the 7th, it will be considered the first fortnight and if you enter on the 20th, it will be considered the second fortnight (the same applies to the move out date). Since you always pay a full monthly rent to reserve the accommodation, if you enter on a second fortnight, the amount you paid in advance will be settled in your last month of stay directly with the landlord (you will not pay the last fortnight of your stay).
In relation to the payment of your first month’s rent (and all other monthly payments, as well as the security deposit), you must ask directly to the landlord since Inlife only keeps your payment until 48 hours after your entrance into the accommodation, after that we will transfer the amount to the landlord and he/she will be responsible to give you an invoice.
If you leave before your move out date, you will lose the security deposit and if you have paid in advance for fortnights, that amount may also be used by the landlord to settle the amounts owed. However, in this type of situations you should contact Inlife and we will try to help you.
Fantastic, it means that we have found a perfect match and you liked the accommodation! If you would like to extend your stay you should contact Inlife as soon as possible so we will not accept any other bookings, saving the accommodation only for you. You will not have to pay the Inlife service fee again
Cancellation policy for Inlifers
- When you make an application for Housing Trip or My Inlife advisor, Inlife Portugal will charge the amount indicated on the date you applied for it, plus value added tax (VAT). In case you cancel or do not use the services Housing Trip or My Inlife advisor, Inlife Portugal will apply a 100% penalty fee, except cancellations due to force majeure (see our terms and conditions for more information). However, you may request to change the date on which you intend to do the Housing Trip/My Inlife Advisor services (up to 30 days prior to the scheduled date), or even assign a third party under the same conditions that the service was subscribe.
- When you make a reservation request for an accommodation, and it is approved by the Landlord, Inlife Portugal will charge the Booking Fee plus the value added tax (VAT) along with the first month rent. If you cancel the reservation request before it is approved by the Landlord, you will not be charged. If the booking request has already been accepted by the Landlord and you decide to cancel the reservation, the cancellation policies for Inlifers, that you can consult on our terms and conditions, will be applied.
- In case you want to cancel a reservation, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your reservation number and reason for the cancellation or schedule change. The Inlife Portugal team will review your request and send you an email with a reply. After that, you will have a 48-hour deadline to confirm your intention to cancel or modify your reservation. In the event that you do not respond to the email within the mentioned period, it will be considered that you have canceled or modified the reservation in accordance with the terms and conditions of Inlife Portugal services.
In case the reservation request has been approved by the owner, and the Inlifer and landlord have signed a contract between themselves, implicitly or explicitly, the cancellation policies will be those included in the aforementioned contract, in which Inlife Portugal is not responsible.
In the event that the Landlord cancels the reservation before the move-in-date, the Inlifer will be refunded with the Reservation Fee along with Value Added Tax (VAT) and the First Payment. Regarding the service fee charged to the owner:
- If the Landlord cancels the reservation with less than 60 days notice from the move-in-date, Inlife will charge the service fee plus 25% of the first rent paid by Inlifer to the Landlord.
- In the event that the Landlord cancels the reservation 60 or more days before the move-in day, Inlife Portugal will charge the landlord 50% of the Service Fee for that reservation.
If the Landlord cancels the booking within 48 hours after the move-in-date, that is, in the period that Inlife Portugal still holds the first rent paid by Inlifer, and since it is not Inlifer’s fault or misbehave, Inlife Portugal will not transfer the amount of the first rent and, in addition, will charge the Landlord the Service Fee, plus 50% of the first rent paid by Inlifer.
Inlife Portugal reserves the right to claim any of the aforementioned amounts in case a penalty needs to be applied, where the Landlord acknowledges and agrees that Inlife Portugal will send a request for payment and that he/she will be in the obligation to pay these compensations to Inlife Portugal.
Inlife warranty for Landlords and Tenants
Under certain circumstances, Inlife Portugal will provide guarantee to the landlords which is an additional service that is offered with an exclusive contract. We recommend that you read our Terms and Conditions carefully if you want to know more.
In case of cancellation of your reservation due to unquestionable circumstances, Inlife Portugal will abdicate the Cancellation Policy and refund the amount paid to us, only if sufficient documentation is provided to prove the case.