Terms & Conditions
Last Update: 30/05/2020
Please read carefully the following Terms and Conditions, which contain relevant information regarding your rights and duties when you access or use contents, materials, forms or services provided by Inlife Portugal.
A – Definition and general conditions:
1. As per the following general conditions, we understand by:
1.1. “User”: Any individual that accesses Contents, materials, forms or services through Inlife Portugal Websites.
1.2. “Inlifer” or “Inlifers”: Any individual that is registered or to whom was booked any type of service or Accommodation through Inlife Portugal Websites and/or is living at an Accommodation provided by Inlife Portugal (excluding the Owner/Landlord of the same Accommodation).
1.3. “Owner/Landlord”: Any individual or legal person that has celebrated a legal contract with Inlife Portugal and/or has accepted the Terms and Conditions published on Inlife Portugal Websites or paper, with the clear intent to make Accommodations available on Inlife Portugal Websites and/or to concede Inlife Portugal the management of properties, so that Inlifers can make Bookings of such Accommodations through Inlife Portugal services. Owners/Landlords may be individual or legal persons or any other entity that has legal powers to manage the property or celebrate Accommodation Contracts on their name or concede its exploitation to a third party.
1.4. “Service Provider”: Any individual or legal person that provides other services to Inlifers, not directly related to the Accommodation, through Inlife Portugal Websites.
1.5. “Content”: All that is provided by Inlife Portugal through its Websites, including any authorized material provided by third parties. It includes texts, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, information or any other published material on Inlife Portugal Websites.
1.6. “Website”: Any of the domains through which Inlife Portugal allows Users to have access, use or navigate its Contents and use its services.
1.7. “Accommodation”: Residence, apartment, house or room published on Inlife Portugal’s Websites.
1.8. “Listing”: Publishing of an Accommodation on Inlife Portugal landlord platform, by the Owner/Landlord or by the Inlife Portugal team with the agreement of the Owner/Landlord, with the sole purpose of allowing that Accommodation to be available for Booking by Inlifers on Inlife Portugal Websites.
1.9. “In-Person Visit”: Service that consists of a house visit where Inlife Portugal presents the Accommodation, some of its areas, or the neighborhood, that the Inlifer chooses to visit on Inlife Portugal’s Website.
1.10. “Live Call Visit”: Service that consists of a live call, to be made on a pre-accorded digital platform between Inlife Portugal and the Inlifer, where Inlife Portugal presents the Accommodation, some of its areas or the neighborhood, that the Inlifer chooses to visit on Inlife Portugal’s Website.
1.11. “Booking Fee”: Price to be paid by Inlifers when they make a Booking of an Accommodation through Inlife Portugal Websites, and after the Booking has been accepted by the “Owner/Landlord”.
1.12. “Exclusive Accommodation”: Personalized service of intermediation, provided by Inlife Portugal to Owners/Landlords, which includes services detailed on a written contract between Inlife Portugal and the Owners/Landlords.
1.13. “Property Management”: Property management service, provided by Inlife Portugal to Owners/Landlords, including services detailed on a written contract between Inlife Portugal and Owners/Landlords.
1.14. “Rental Contract”: Private contract, implicit or explicit, established between the “Owner/Landlord” and the “Inlifer”, of which Inlife Portugal is not a part of.
1.15. “Move-in-Date”: Refers to the date, mentioned by the Inlifer at the time of the Booking, where he/she will start using the Accommodation.
1.16. “Move-out-Date”: Refers to the date, mentioned by the Inlifer at the time of the Booking, where he/she will stop using the Accommodation.
1.17. “First Rent”: Refers to the amount of a one-month rent, that the Inlifer transfers through Inlife Portugal’s Websites after the Booking has been confirmed by the Owner/Landlord.
1.18. “Service Fee”: Commission previously agreed between Inlife Portugal and the Owner/Landlord, calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the Accommodation Contract.
1.19. “Booking Request”: Request made by the Inlifer to reserve an Accommodation. This action is made by clicking the “Request to book” button and filling the Booking form. Request to book forms are processed and sent by e-mail to the Owner/Landlord for acceptance or rejection.
1.20. “Tax or Taxes”: Regards value-added tax (VAT) or any other legal applicable tax.
1.21. “Security Deposit”: the amount the Inlifer must pay to the Owner/Landlord at Move-in-Date to cover for any damages that might occur during his occupation of the Accommodation. The deposit is refunded after Move-out-Date by the Owner/Landlord and is subject to deduction of any fee for damages. Inlife Portugal will not be an integral part of any negotiation or dispute regarding Security Deposits.
2. By accessing and/or using Contents, materials, forms or services present on Inlife Portugal Websites, the User, Inlifer or Owner/Landlord fully accepts the applicable and hereby described “Terms and Conditions”.
3. Inlife Portugal hereby reserves the right to modify and/or update these Terms and Conditions at any point in time. Any changes that may affect the rights and/or duties of Users, Inlifers, Owners/Landlords or Service Providers, will be communicated on Inlife Portugal Websites and/or by email. Inlife Portugal suggests frequent access to these Terms and Conditions.
4. By accessing Inlife Portugal Websites, its Contents, materials, forms or services, after the publishing of the notice regarding changes or updates of the Terms and Conditions, the User agrees with the new Terms and conditions.
5. The User is aware that the access and usage of Inlife Portugal Websites, Contents, materials, forms and services are of their exclusive responsibility.
B – Usage of Websites and services of Inlife Portugal
1. Inlife Portugal Websites are used by Inlifers to request the services In-Person Visit and Live Call Visit, and/or request to book an Accommodation for a period higher than one month.
2. The Accommodations are published on the landlord platform of Inlife Portugal by the Owners/Landlords, or by the Inlife Portugal team upon request and approval of the Owner/Landlord.
3. Inlife Portugal is not the Owner/Landlord or a real estate agency and does not own, sell, resell, provide or control the properties or Accommodations published on its Websites.
4. Inlife Portugal responsibilities are limited to:
4.1. Provide the Website as a platform of intermediation between Users, Inlifers, Owner/Landlord and Service Providers.
4.2. Provide its services, mainly the In-Person Visit, Live Call Visit, Accommodation Services, and Property Management Services.
4.3. The retention of Inlifers’ First Rent by Inlife Portugal, to be later transferred (according to section H. to the Owner/Landlord, once he has accepted the Booking Request and after the deduction of fees related to Accommodation Services and Property Management services, plus the respective value-added tax (VAT).
4.4. Inlife Portugal will not receive any additional payment from Inlifers after the Booking is confirmed by the Owner/Landlords. After that moment, the Owner/Landlord is the only responsible for receiving the rent payments or any other services fees, unless there is other previous agreement established between the Owner/Landlord and Inlife Portugal.
C – Advertising of Accommodations on Inlife Portugal Websites
1. The following information in the Listings present on Inlife Portugal landlord platform can be prepared by the Owner/Landlords but will always be validated by Inlife Portugal’s team. The information that will be validated is the address, the existence of the Accommodation, the number of rooms, the identity of the Owner/Landlord and the general characteristics of the Accommodation. The verification of the Accommodation is not always made by Inlife Portugal, the Live Call Visit and the In-Person Visit were created with the purpose of allowing the Inlifer to verify for himself.
2. The Owner/Landlord can request the photographs to be taken by Inlife Portugal and validation of the main characteristics of the Accommodation to Inlife Portugal.
3. Inlife Portugal can request the collection of photographs and validation of the main characteristics of the accommodation to the Landlord.
4. The Owner/Landlord may agree that, if necessary, Inlife Portugal can access the Accommodation to take pictures, record videos or make any other material necessary to include on Inlife Portugal Websites or advertisement of their Accommodations.
5. The published information in Listings is representative and serves as an example of what can be found after the Booking. Inlife Portugal will not be held responsible, in any way, by any imprecisions found on the published Listings, that have been wrongly reported or communicated by the Owner/Landlord. Inlifers keep the right to cancel the reservation within a 48-hour deadline after the Move-in-Date in the Accommodation, always subject to the specific cancellation conditions stated in these Terms.
6. The Owner/Landlord commits himself to provide Inlife Portugal with all the needed and requested information, which includes, but is not limited to, the location, capacity, size, characteristics, and availability of the Accommodation, including price and all that refers to the payment conditions.
7. Listings and audiovisual material can be created for the Owner/Landlord that chooses to work with Inlife Portugal through the Exclusive Accommodation method, granting Inlife Portugal authorization to publish the Listings according to its guidelines and accepting, with no reserves, these Terms and Conditions.
8. The Owner/Landlord acknowledges and accepts that, once an Inlifer makes a Booking for its Accommodation, the price for that Booking cannot be changed.
9. Inlife Portugal only ensures the Accommodation conditions published on its Websites on the date that they were last validated by Inlife Portugal team and/or on the date that the In-Person Visit or the Live Call Visit was made.
10. Inlifers acknowledge that the Accommodation for which they made the Booking may have been validated on a previous date from the date on which they made the Booking and that the Accommodation characteristics may be different from the ones validated by Inlife Portugal on a previous date.
11. The Owner/Landlord commits himself to keep the Accommodation conditions similar to the ones on the Listings. Some examples of similar conditions are the same furniture in a different layout, different furniture items but for the same purpose and different furniture’s color.
12. If the Accommodation conditions are significantly different from the ones published on the Listing, Inlife Portugal reserves the right to withdraw such Listings from its Websites and/or to request compensation from the Owner/Landlord for any costs or losses caused. By significantly different conditions it should be considered the definition of the significant problem as stated in section H.5.
13. If the Owner/Landlord uses any other platform or means to rent the Accommodation, Inlife Portugal will remain the owner of all author rights or any other intellectual property regarding the audiovisual and material created by its team and only Inlife Portugal can provide the right to use of such materials.
14. If the Owner/Landlord or any other third party uses Inlife Portugal materials without its written consent, Inlife Portugal reserves the right to demand the use of such material to cease and demand payment for any damage or losses caused.
D – In-Person Visit and Live Call Visit Services Booking Procedure
1. In order to use the In-Person Visit and Live Call Visit services, the Inlifer provides specific information about his preferences and personal information (as mentioned in E. 5.) through Inlife Portugal Websites and agrees to the consultation and treatment of the data by Inlife Portugal employees, as well as sharing them with the Owners/Landlords with whom Inlife Portugal has agreements with.
2. Regarding the In-Person Visit service, the Inlifer must complete the payment of a single fee through the available means of payment on Inlife Portugal Websites, and has the right to the following services:
2.1. One physical house visit where Inlife Portugal presents the Accommodation that the Inlifer chose to visit on Inlife Portugal’s Websites.
2.2. Support/explanation on matters related to the Accommodation characteristics or the area where the Accommodation is located.
2.3. Non-specialized support on contractual matters between the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord.
2.4. If the Inlifer books the Accommodation which he visited through the In-Person Visit, the amount paid for the visit to that Accommodation will be deducted from the Booking Fee.
3. Regarding the service Live Call Visit the Inlifer must complete the payment of a single fee through the available means of payment on Inlife Portugal Websites, and has the right to the following services:
3.1. One live video call, to be made on a pre-accorded digital platform between Inlife Portugal and the Inlifer, where Inlife Portugal presents the Accommodation that the Inlifer chose to visit on Inlife Portugal’s Website.
3.2. Support/explanation on matters related to the Accommodation characteristics or the area where the Accommodation is located.
3.3. Non-specialized support on contractual matters between the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord.
3.4. If the Inlifer books the Accommodation which he visited through the Live Call Visit, the amount paid for the visit to that Accommodation will be deducted from the Booking Fee.
E- Accommodation Booking Procedure on Inlife Portugal Websites
1. The Inlifer, after deciding the Accommodation for which he wants to make a Booking, pays a Booking Fee and authorizes Inlife Portugal to share his information (as in section E. 5.) with the Owner/Landlord, for acceptance or rejection of the Booking Request.
2. Inlife Portugal will present to the Inlifer the monthly amounts associated with the required Accommodation and the Booking Fee. If the Inlifer Move-in-Date is on the 15th or after, it counts as the second fortnight of the month, which means that the Inlifer will only pay half rent, except if explained oppositely due to Landlord/Owner specific requirements for that Accommodation. If the Inlifer Move-out-Date is on the 15th or before, it counts as the first fortnight of the month, and the Inlifer will only pay half rent, except if explained oppositely due to Landlord/Owner specific requirements for that Accommodation. The Inlifer authorizes the amount of the First Rent to be retained by Inlife Portugal if the Booking is accepted by the Owner/Landlord, through the available means of payment on Inlife Portugal Websites.
3. In case the Inlifer requires, Inlife Portugal can provide a settlement receipt of the paid amounts regarding the First Rent. However, the full responsibility of issuing the invoice/receipt of such amount is of the Owner/Landlord.
4. Once the Inlifer makes the Booking Request on Inlife Portugal Websites, he will receive an automatically generated email with the summarized Booking. Following this procedure, Inlife Portugal will send a Booking Request to the Owner/Landlord, who will have 48 hours to accept or reject it. After the 48-hour deadline is over, if Inlife Portugal does not receive an answer from the Owner/Landlord, it reserves the right to consider the Booking Request rejected. In this case, nothing will be charged to the Inlifer.
5. By making a Booking Request on Inlife Portugal Websites, the Inlifer authorizes Inlife Portugal to share with the Owner/Landlord the following data, with the sole purpose of accepting the Booking:
5.1. Name, gender, age-range, nationality, university, and any other information that the Owner/Landlord requests specifically and that has been shared by the Inlifer with Inlife Portugal.
5.2. The Owner/Landlord acknowledges and accepts that he is responsible for his actions and by any wrongful usage of the shared information.
5.3. The Inlifer acknowledges and accepts that he is responsible for his actions and by any wrongful usage of the shared information.
6. If the Owner/Landlord accepts the Booking Request made by the Inlifer, he simultaneously authorizes Inlife Portugal to retain the First Rent and the Booking Fee, plus the correspondent value-added tax (VAT) (according to section H). Inlife Portugal will send an email to the Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer, confirming the Booking and connecting both parties.
7. The Owner/Landlord acknowledges that he is the only responsible for any Listing approved for publishing and has the right to authorize or reject the Booking Request for the Accommodation. Furthermore, the Owner/Landlord guarantees that by accepting a Booking Request:
7.1. He is not breaking any other contract made between himself and a third party;
7.2. He is under all legislation, tax requirements or any other applicable rule to any Accommodation published on Inlife Portugal Websites.
8. Inlife Portugal will not be responsible for any Owner/Landlord’s violation of the law, rules or any other applicable regulations. Inlife Portugal reserves itself the right to, at any point in time and with no further notice, remove the publishing or disable the access to any Listing, by any reason and by its judgment, including any Listing considered to be breaking the Terms and Conditions on this document. Examples of situations that might lead to the removal of the Listing are: the Owner/Landlord changes the Rent amount after a visit or a contact from Inlife Portugal, provides the wrong information for the Listing, expels the tenant without valid reasons or occurs in acts of violence towards the tenant.
9. The Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer acknowledge and agree that Inlife Portugal will not act, in any way, as an agent of any kind on behalf of the Owner/Landlord, unless it has been agreed by the parties in a written document.
10. Inlife Portugal acts as an authorized intermediary of the Owner/Landlord to accept and receive exclusively the First Rent payment made by the Inlifer for the Accommodation Booking and, after deducting the applicable Service Fee plus value-added tax (VAT), transfer that payment to the Owner/Landlord.
11. By using Inlife Portugal Websites, the Users agree that any legal action or complaint that may arise as a consequence of actions or omissions from the Owner/Landlord, Inlifers or other third parties which may result in damages to any of the parties, will be made exclusively against the party in question, not involving Inlife Portugal in any legal action or claim related to such omissions or actions.
12. Inlife Portugal advises the Owner/Landlord to hire appropriate insurance for the Accommodation and to obey all applicable legislation to its activity.
13. Inlife Portugal will not be responsible for the removal or theft of any object inside or outside the rented Accommodation.
F – Fees and taxes
1. The minimum Booking period that can be made through Inlife Portugal Websites is of one month (30 days).
2. When the Inlifer subscribes one of the services – In-Person Visit or Live Call Visit – it will make a single transfer to Inlife Portugal for the correspondent service plus the value-added tax (VAT), through the available payment methods on Inlife Portugal Websites. This payment matches the provided service, as described in section D.
3. When the Inlifer makes a Booking that has been confirmed by the Owner/Landlord, he will transfer to Inlife Portugal the First Rent and corresponding Booking Fee, plus the value-added tax (VAT), through the available payment methods on Inlife Portugal Websites.
4. The amount to be paid by the Inlifer is composed by the First Rent plus the Booking Fee as follows:
4.1. The First Rent that will be transferred to the Owner/Landlord, as payment regarding the first month’s rent.
4.2. The Booking Fee is a percentage of the monthly fee, charged once by Inlife Portugal, plus the value-added tax (VAT). It refers to the Booking service and is used to cover processing costs, Website costs, secure transactions and service support provided to the Inlifer.
5. The Service Fee is a percentage of the total amount of the Contract that Inlife Portugal charges to the Owner/Landlord for the provided services. The Service Fee plus its value-added tax (VAT) will be deducted from the First Rent to be transferred to the Owner/Landlord.
6. Inlife Portugal transfers the First Rent, minus the Service Fee and the value-added tax (VAT), to the Owner/Landlord, 48 hours after the Inlifer’s Move-in-Date (indicated on the Booking), if the Inlifer hasn’t informed Inlife Portugal about any significant problem with the Accommodation.
G – Promotional Codes
Promotional codes or Referral Programmes codes are only effective if they are used at the Booking Request moment. Under no other circumstances can the referred codes be applicable at any moment after the Booking Request.
H – Policy for entrance on Accommodations reserved through Inlife Portugal Websites
1. After the Owner/Landlord approves the Inlifer’s Booking Request and Inlife Portugal sends the confirmation to the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord, including both parties’ contact information, it will be the Owner/Landlord’s responsibility to provide the Inlifer with all the information about the Accommodation entrance procedures, except in cases where the Owner/Landlord has a written agreement with Inlife Portugal which states otherwise.
2. It is of the Owner/Landlord’s entire responsibility to ensure that the Accommodation reserved by the Inlifer is found in the listed and adequate conditions and that the published characteristics of the Accommodation Listing match the Accommodation that the Inlifer finds, as well as the published prices.
3. The Inlifer can inform Inlife Portugal, within a 48-hour deadline after the Move-in-Date to the Accommodation, of any significant or solvable problem found (according to 5. and 6. of this section, respectively), as well as about any other issues regarding the Accommodation Listing, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as follows:
3.1. Indicating the Booking number on the email subject;
3.2. Putting the Owner/Landlord in Cc on the email and attaching the necessary evidence (photos and/or videos) of the significant problems and discrepancies regarding the Accommodation Listing;
Once the email has been received by Inlife Portugal, the circumstances will be verified and evaluated.
4. Expired the 48-hour deadline after the agreed Move-in-Date, the Booking will be considered as complete and any claims regarding solvable or significant problems (according to 5. of this section) related to the Booking will not be considered valid. Therefore, any other problems that may occur or are reported after the 48-hour deadline should be treated between the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord and Inlife Portugal shall not be held responsible.
5. A significant problem is defined as a circumstance that involves no habitable conditions, health hazard and/or substantial modifications that differ from the Listing description and cannot be corrected within 48 hours. Examples of significant problems are: missing furniture items, change of bed size (changing the bed itself won’t fall in this categorization), a different house, a different location.
6. A solvable problem is defined as a circumstance that should be solved by the Owner/Landlord in 48 hours after Move-in-Date and for that reason is not considered a significant problem. Examples of solvable problems are: basic utensils/amenities broken or non-existent, Accommodation untidy or not clean at check-in, locks not working, no internet connection, essential works being completed. The transfer to the Owner/Landlord of the First Rent, minus the Service Fee and the value-added tax (VAT) will be done after the Owner/Landlord and Inlifer confirm the problem is solved.
7. If Inlife Portugal acknowledges the existence of a significant problem, the Owner/Landlord will have no more than 48 hours to solve the reported problems in agreement with Inlife Portugal and the Inlifer. In case the Owner/Landlord needs more time to solve the problem, an agreement must be reached between him and the Inlifer. After the Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer confirm the problem is solved, Inlife Portugal will proceed with the transfer of the First Rent, minus the Service Fee and the value-added tax (VAT) to the Owner/Landlord.
8. In any case, if the Owner/Landlord does not solve a significant problem within 10 working days, he will have broken these Terms and Conditions, which authorizes the Inlifer to cancel his Booking. The Owner/Landlord will not receive the amount regarding the First Rent (it will be refunded to the Inlifer) and will be in debt with Inlife Portugal in the amount corresponding to Service Fees plus the value-added tax (VAT). Inlife Portugal will offer the Inlifer, at his choice, one of the following solutions:
8.1. Inlife Portugal will search for an available Accommodation with similar characteristics and the Inlifer can accept or reject that Accommodation.
8.1.1. In case the Inlifer accepts the replacement Accommodation and its price is inferior to the price of the previous Booking, Inlife Portugal will pay the Inlifer the difference between the new price and the one of the initial Booking.
8.1.2. In case the Inlifer accepts the replacement Accommodation and its price is superior to the price of the previous Booking, the Inlifer will pay to Inlife Portugal the difference between the new price and the one of the initial Booking.
8.1.3. In case the Inlifer accepts the replacement Accommodation and its price is the same as the price of the previous Booking, no payments shall be made.
8.1.4. In case the Inlifer rejects the replacement Accommodation, the reimbursement described in 8.2. of this section will apply.
8.2. Inlife Portugal will reimburse the Inlifer the Booking Fee plus the correspondent value-added tax (VAT), and the amount paid for the First Rent.
9. If Inlife Portugal considers that there is no significant problem with the Accommodation or if there is a solvable problem and the Inlifer cancels the Booking based on non-significant reasons, the Inlifer will lose its Booking Fee plus the correspondent value-added tax (VAT) and the amount regarding the First Rent. The amount regarding the First Rent will be transferred to the Owner/Landlord and he will be responsible for reimbursing or not the Inlifer.
I – Rental Contracts and Service Contracts of Accommodation or other similar
1. Rental Contracts, service contracts of Accommodation or other similar contracts are made and signed by the Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer, a process that Inlife Portugal is not a part of. Therefore, it cannot be imputed to Inlife Portugal any responsibility that results in legal actions, and Inlife Portugal cannot be included in cases of dispute, disagreement or claim. Any situation resulting from Rental Contracts, service contracts of Accommodation or other similar contracts will be resolved between the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord.
2. Inlife Portugal will not be an integral part of any negotiation or dispute regarding Security Deposits unless there is a written agreement between the Owner/Landlord and Inlife Portugal that states so.
3. Inlife Portugal recommends that both the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord read carefully the terms of the established Contracts between them, as these documents are the instruments binding their relationship.
J – Cancellation Policy
1. Article 16.º of the directive 2011/83/UE from the European Parliament and Council, from 25th October of 2011, establishes the exceptions to the right of termination/cancellation:
1.1. “The Member States do not predict the right to resolution of contracts laid down on articles 9 and 15, mainly contracts established from distance and contracts established outside commercial establishments, as far as the following is a concern:
1.2. Service contracts after the service has been fully performed if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent, and with the acknowledgment that he will lose his right of withdrawal once the contract has been fully performed by the Service Provider.”
2. Inlife Portugal services are considered totally executed:
2.1. When the Inlifer requests an In-Person Visit and finished the visit. In case the Inlifer chooses not to visit or to cancel the service without any major-force reasons, and after Inlife has begun the diligences to provide the service, it is considered that the service was fully provided.
2.2. When the Inlifer requests Live Call Visit and finished the visit. In case the Inlifer chooses not to visit or to cancel the service without any major-force reasons, and after Inlife has begun the diligences to provide the service, it is considered that the service was fully provided.
2.3. When the Inlifer makes a Booking Request and the Owner/Landlord accepts it.
2.4. When the Owner/Landlord approves the Inlifer’s Booking Request.
3. Non-use of the services on the scheduled date or total cancellation without a 48-hours prior notice is subject to a penalty fee of 100%. If the visit doesn’t happen because of Inlife or the Owner/Landlord, the Inlifer will be reimbursed in the total amount paid for the service.
4. In accordance, the User declares that he understands, accepts and recognizes that once the services have been totally made available (as described above) by Inlife Portugal, he will have lost his right of cancellation.
K – Cancellation Policy for Owners/Landlords
1. In case the Booking Request has been approved by the Owner/Landlord, and the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord have signed a Contract between themselves, on an implicit or explicit way, the cancellation policies will be included on the above-mentioned Contract, of which Inlife Portugal is not an integral part.
2. In case the Owner/Landlord cancels the Booking before the Move-in-Date, the Inlifer will be reimbursed of the Booking Fee, plus the value-added tax (VAT) and the First Rent. Regarding the Service Fee charged to the Owner/Landlord:
2.1. If the Owner/Landlord cancels the Booking 60 days or more before the Move-in-Date, Inlife Portugal will charge him the Service Fee, plus 25% of the amount of the First Rent.
2.2. In case the Owner/Landlord cancels the Booking less than 60 days before the Move-in-Date or within the 48 hours after Move-in-Date, Inlife Portugal will charge him the Service Fee, plus 50% of the amount of the First Rent.
3. Inlife Portugal reserves the right to claim any of the above-mentioned amounts in case penalties apply, and the Owner/Landlord acknowledges and agrees that Inlife Portugal will send a payment request in which he will remain obliged to pay those compensation amounts to Inlife Portugal.
L – Cancellation Policy for Inlifers
1. When an Inlifer makes a request for an In-Person Visit or Live Call Visit, Inlife Portugal will charge the Inlifer the fee indicated on the Service Booking, plus the value-added tax (VAT). In case the Inlifer cancels or does not use the In-Person Visit or Live Call Visit services, Inlife Portugal will apply a 100% penalty fee, unless the cancellation was due to major-force reasons (as defined in W.I.2.). However, the Inlifer can request a change of the date 48h before the In-Person Visit or Live Call Visit services or allocate the right of usage to a third party, on the same conditions in which the service was subscribed.
2. When an Inlifer makes a Booking Request for an Accommodation and it is approved by the Owner/Landlord, Inlife Portugal will charge the Inlifer the Booking Fee plus the value-added tax (VAT), together with the First Rent. In case the Inlifer cancels the Booking Request before it is approved by the Owner/Landlord, no amount will be charged to the Inlifer.
3. In case the Booking Request is accepted by the Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer cancels the Booking, the following conditions apply:
3.1. If the Inlifer cancels the Booking 60 days or more before the Move-in-Date, Inlife Portugal will not reimburse the amount of the Booking Fee plus it’s value-added tax (VAT) to the Inlifer. Inlife Portugal will reimburse the Inlifer with 50% of the First Rent amount. Inlife Portugal will transfer the amount of the First Rent to the Owner/Landlord deducted the applicable Service Fee over half of the first month.
3.2. If the Inlifer cancels the Booking less than 60 days before the Move-in-Date, Inlife Portugal will not reimburse the Inlifer with the amount of the Booking Fee plus its value-added tax (VAT) nor the amount of the First Rent. Inlife Portugal will transfer the First Rent to the Owner/Landlord, deducting the applicable Service Fee over the first month.
4. We advise the Inlifer to consider the risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and associated government measures. For Bookings Requests made on or after 01 June 2020, it will not be covered under our major-force event policy. The Inlifer´s cancellation request will be based on Inlife´s Cancellation Policy and mandatory consumer law, where applicable. COVID-19-related circumstances not covered include: travel advisories and restrictions; health advisories and quarantines; and other government mandates such as evacuation orders, border closures and lockdown requirements.
5. When the Inlifer wants to cancel or change a Booking Request he must notify Inlife Portugal by email through the email email@example.com about his intent to cancel or modify a Booking. Inlife Portugal will send an email granting a 48-hour deadline for the Inlifer to confirm his intent to cancel or modify the Booking. In case the Inlifer does not respond to the email within the mentioned deadline, it will be considered that he canceled the Booking and the above Cancellation Policies will be applied.
M – Rent Payments or amounts associated with service Accommodation Contracts
After the Move-in-Date it’s of the entire responsibility of the Owner/Landlord to charge all the amounts agreed with the Inlifer unless there is an agreement between Inlife Portugal and the Owner/Landlord stating the opposite. Inlife Portugal cannot be held accountable, in any way, for charging rent payments or other related amounts to Accommodation Contracts, or any other pending payment that may arise during the Inlifer’s stay.
N – Release of Liabilities
48 hours after the Inlifer’s Move-in-Date in the Accommodation, and when Inlife Portugal has already transferred the First Rent to the Owner/Landlord, all legal responsibility or any other kind of relationship between Inlife Portugal and the Inlifer, and Inlife Portugal and the Owner/Landlord regarding the Booking, will expire. Inlife Portugal does not hold itself responsible, by any reason or by any event resulting from the subsequent relationship between the Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer.
O – Invoicing
1. As soon as the Booking Request is confirmed by the Owner/Landlord, the related invoices will be sent to the Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer with a breakdown of the correspondent value-added tax (VAT), or any other applicable tax, depending on the country or transaction location.
2. If either the Owner/Landlord or the Inlifer decides to cancel the Booking, the described cancellation policies in the sections K. and L. will be applied, and the respective fiscal documents will be issued.
P – Accommodation damage
The Inlifer is responsible for keeping the Accommodation in the same conditions it was in upon his arrival. The Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord acknowledge and accept that they are responsible for their actions or omissions, as well as of those they have invited or given access to the Accommodation. Inlife Portugal will not be responsible, in any way, by the damage caused in the Accommodation and, in case of such events, the occurrence must be resolved between Owner/Landlord and Inlifer, as per the Contract made between them.
Q – Anticipated exit with non-payment by the Inlifer
1. In case the Inlifer leaves the Accommodation before the established Move-out-Date, without previous written consent from the Owner/Landlord and not paying the rest of the amount due, the Owner/Landlord must not return the Security Deposit paid by the Inlifer to ensure the payment of the month in question to the Owner/Landlord. In such cases, Inlife Portugal will pursue the efforts to find a new Inlifer to fulfill the remaining contractual period, giving priority to the unoccupied Accommodation.
2. In case the Owner/Landlord has an Exclusive Accommodation contract with Inlife Portugal, the applied policy is as described in section V.
R – Terminate and close Accounts created on Inlife Portugal Websites
1. Inlife Portugal, at its exclusive criterion and without need to substantiate its reasons, may restrict the access to its Websites, and deactivate or cancel publicity without being held responsible in any way and without any obligation of previous notice.
2. The Owner/Landlord may request Inlife Portugal to remove its Listing on Inlife Portugal Websites, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of removed Listings, Inlife Portugal shall not be obligated to transfer the Listing Contents to any Owner/Landlord.
S – Assessment and Opinion
T – Applicable Legislation and conflict resolution
These Terms and Conditions should be interpreted by the Portuguese law. If there is the need to settle any legal situation or clarify interpretation questions or execution of the present contract, it will be of the Lisbon Courts’ competency and no other.
U – Guarantee of Inlife Portugal to Owners/Landlords with Exclusive Accommodation contract and Inlifers
Under certain circumstances, Inlife Portugal will provide Guarantee to Owners/Landlords and Inlifers. The Guarantee is an additional service that Inlife Portugal provides to Owners/Landlords with Exclusive Accommodation contract. Inlife Portugal reserves the right to withdraw or change this policy at any point in time. Inlife Portugal recommends the regular and careful reading of these Terms and Conditions for one to be informed about any changes.
V – Guarantee to Owners/Landlords with Exclusive Accommodation or Guaranteed Rent Accommodation contract
The points mentioned in this section are exclusive to Owners/Landlords who have specific signed exclusivity agreements with Inlife Portugal.
1. In case the Inlifer causes directly imputable damages in the Accommodation, during the period of stay, deliberately or negligently, and considering that the damage is not due to normal wear, and the costs of repair exceed the amount of the Security Deposit paid by the Inlifer, Inlife Portugal can provide coverage of up to the amount of 250 Euros, at Inlife Portugal’s discretion, once the following requirements are met:
1.1. The Owner/Landlord should contact Inlife Portugal within seven days counting from the date that the damage was caused.
1.2. Within five days after notifying Inlife Portugal about the damage, the Owner/Landlord should send the required documents to prove the damage, together with the budget to perform the repair. The required documentation is as follows:
1.2.1. Photographs of the caused damage by the Inlifer.
1.2.2. Copy of the Rental Contract (if applicable).
1.2.3. Copy of the Security Deposit receipt.
1.3. Inlife Portugal will always contact the Inlifer and any third party, relevant and necessary to verify the information sent by the Owner/Landlord.
1.4. The Guarantee will cover exclusively the area and damaged object and not the labor costs, cosmetics damage, transport, and Taxes (VAT). The following items are excluded from the Guarantee: art, jewelry, money or personal objects such as computers, tablets, wallets or clothes, among others.
1.5. Inlife Portugal reserves the right to provide the services to repair the caused damages.
Anticipated exit or non-payment from the Inlifer:
1. In case the Inlifer leaves the Accommodation before the established Move-out-Date and without previous written consent from the Owner/Landlord, not paying the amount in debt, Inlife Portugal will have a 30-days deadline to find a new Inlifer.
2. The first month of vacancy should be covered by the amount of the Security Deposit paid directly by the Inlifer to the Owner/Landlord.
3. After the 30-days vacancy period, and in case Inlife Portugal does not find a new Inlifer for the unoccupied Accommodation, Inlife Portugal will pay the Owner/Landlord the correspondent amount of the agreed rents during the remaining contractual period, until finding a new Inlifer. This only applies to Contracts with Guaranteed Rent.
4. All the above-mentioned policies will be applied only when the following conditions have been met and the evaluation is made at the discretion of Inlife Portugal:
4.1. The Owner/Landlord should notify Inlife Portugal, sending an email to email@example.com on the maximum deadline of 48 hours after the day the Inlifer vacates the Accommodation without making the final payment.
4.2. The Owner/Landlord should accept the new Inlifer provided by Inlife Portugal.
4.3. The Inlifer indeed vacated the Accommodation without paying the amounts in debt and with no payment agreement, and the Accommodation is available and announced exclusively on Inlife Portugal Websites to be reserved by another Inlifer.
4.4. Within five days’ notice to Inlife Portugal of the early exit of the Inlifer, the Owner/Landlord should send the necessary documentation to prove it. The necessary documentation is the following:
4.4.1. Confirmation that the date in which the Inlifer abandoned the Accommodation was before the Move-out-Date, resulting in a lack of payment.
4.4.2. Copy of the Rental Contract or any other made contract.
4.4.3. Copy of the Security Deposit receipt.
5. The Guarantee will be applied exclusively in case the Inlifer’s Security Deposit is insufficient to cover the amounts in debt.
III. Waiver of the Cancellation Policy for the Owners/Landlords in case of major-force reasons:
1. In case the Owner/Landlord cancels a Booking due to major-force reasons, Inlife Portugal will waive the Cancellation Policy, if sufficient documentation has been submitted to prove it. This evaluation is made by Inlife Portugal.
2. Major-force reasons for an Owner/Landlord to cancel a Booking:
2.1. Serious injury, sickness or death of own, first-degree relative, a minor or unable person of which the Owner/Landlord is legally responsible for.
2.2. Serious damage to the Accommodation caused by natural disasters or disasters oblivious to the Owner/Landlord.
2.3. Official statement of a zone of disaster in the city where the Accommodation is located.
W – Guarantee applicable to Inlifers
Waiver of the Cancellation Policy for Inlifers in case of major-force reasons:
1. If the Inlifer cancels his Booking due to major-force reasons, Inlife Portugal will renounce the Cancellation Policy to Inlifers and reimburse the Booking Fee plus the First Rent paid by the Inlifer to Inlife Portugal, as long as sufficient documentation has been submitted as proof. This evaluation is made by Inlife Portugal.
2. Major-force reasons for an Inlifer to cancel a Booking:
2.1. Serious injury, sickness or death of own, first-degree relative, minor or unable person of which the Inlifer is legally responsible for.
2.2. Serious damage or significant problem on the Accommodation.
2.3. Start of Inlifer’s work on a new company in which they were not employed in the six months before the Booking date and where the workplace is in a city different than the one on the Booking.
2.4. Official statement of a zone of disaster in the city where the Accommodation is located.
3. Cancellation of the Booking by the Owner/Landlord within 48 hours after the arrival date, without imputable reasons to the Inlifer.
4. In case the Owner/Landlord cancels the Booking within 48 hours after the arrival date to the Accommodation, without imputable reasons to the Inlifer, Inlife Portugal will place the Inlifer on another Accommodation, at Inlife Portugal’s discretion with no additional cost to the Inlifer, if the following requirements are met:
1.1. Inlife Portugal has received the First Rent payment made by the Inlifer and has not transferred it to the Owner/Landlord.
1.2. There is an available Accommodation in the same city for which the Inlifer made the Booking.