Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of websites and Inlife Portugal services
Last Update: 15/04/2019
Please, read carefully the following Terms and Conditions, which contain relevant information regarding your rights and duties when you access or use contents, materials, forms or services provided by Inlife Portugal.
Definition and general conditions:
- As per the following general conditions, we understand by:
- “User”: Any individual that access contents, materials, forms or services through Inlife Portugal websites.
- “Inlifer ou Inlifers”: Any individual that registers itself or book any type of service or accommodation through Inlife Portugal websites and/or is living at an accommodation provided through Inlife Portugal websites (excluding the Owner/Landlord of the same accommodation).
- “Owner/Landlord”: Any individual or legal person that has celebrated a legal contract with Inlife Portugal and/or has accept the Terms and Conditions published on Inlife Portugal websites or on paper, with the clear intent to make accommodations available on Inlife Portugal websites and/or with the clear intent to concede to Inlife Portugal the management of his property, so that Inlifers can make reservations of such accommodation through Inlife Portugal services. Owners/Landlords may be individual or legal persons, or any other entity that can be a Owner/Landlord or has legal powers to manage the property or celebrate accommodation contracts on their own name or give in it’s exploitation to a third party.
- “Service Providers”: Any individual or legal person that provides other services to Inlifers, not directly related to the accommodation, through Inlife Portugal websites.
- “Content”: All that is supplied by Inlife Portugal by means of it’s websites, including any authorised content supplied by third parties on Inlife Portugal websites. It includes texts, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, information or any other published material on Inlife Portugal websites.
- “Websites”: Any of the domains through which Inlife Portugal allows users to have access, use or navigate it’s contents and use it’s services.
- “Accommodation”: Residence, apartment, house or room published on Inlife Portugal Landlords platform, so that the Inlifer can make a reservation.
- “Listing”: Publishing of an accommodation on Inlife Portugal Landlord platform, by the Owner/Landlord or by the Inlife Portugal team with the agreement of the Owner/Landlord, with the sole purpose of that accommodation to be available for reservation by Inlifers on Inlife Portugal websites.
- “Housing Trip”: Service that includes a tour where Inlife Portugal presents the accommodations that best match the Inlifers preferences indicated on the forms present on Inlife Portugal websites.
- “My Inlife Advisor”: Service that may include a live virtual tour, to be made on a pre-accorded digital platform between Inlife Portugal and the Inlifer, where Inlife Portugal presents the accommodations that better match the Inlifers preferences indicated on the forms present on Inlife Portugal websites.
- “Booking Fee”: Price to be paid by Inlifers when they make a reservation of an accommodation through Inlife Portugal websites and after the reservation has been accepted by the “Owner/Landlord”.
- “Exclusive accommodation”: Personalized service of intermediation, provided by Inlife Portugal to Owners/Landlords, which includes services detailed on a written contract between Inlife Portugal and the Owners/Landlords.
- “Property Management”: Complete property management service, provided by Inlife Portugal to Owners/Landlords, including services detailed on a written contract between Inlife Portugal and Owners/Landlords.
- “Rental agreement or Contract of services”: Private contract, implicit or explicit, established between the “Owner/Landlord” and the “Inlifer”, on which Inlife Portugal is not a part of.
- “Move-in-date”: Refers to the date, mentioned by the Inlifer at the time of the reservation, where he/she will start using the accommodation.
- “Move-out-date”: Refers to the date, mentioned by the Inlifer at the time of the reservation, where he/she will stop using the accommodation.
- “First Rent”: Refers to the amount that is transferred by the Inlifer, at the time of the reservation of the accommodation through Inlife Portugal websites, after the reservation has been confirmed by the Owner/Landlord.
- “Service Fee”: Commission previously agreed between Inlife Portugal team and an Owner/Landlord, calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the accommodation contract.
- “Request to Book”: Request made by the Inlifer to make an accommodation reservation. This action is made by clicking the “Request to book” button and filling of the reservation form. Request to book forms are processed and sent by e-mail to the Owner/Landlord for acceptance or rejection.
- “Tax or Taxes”: Regards value-added tax (VAT) or any other legal applicable tax.
- By accessing and/or using contents, materials, forms or services present on Inlife Portugal websites, the user, Inlifer or Owner/Landlord fully accepts the applicable and hereby described “Terms and Conditions”.
- Inlife Portugal hereby reserves the right to modify and/or update these Terms and Conditions at any point in time. Any changes that may affect the rights and/or duties of Users, Inlifers, Owners/Landlords or Service Providers, will be communicated on Inlife Portugal websites and/or by email. We suggest that users of Inlife Portugal websites, it’s contents, materials, forms or services, access frequently to these Terms and Conditions.
- By accessing Inlife Portugal websites, it’s contents, materials, forms or services, after the publishing of the notice regarding changes or updates of the Terms and Conditions, the user agrees with the new Terms and conditions.
- The user is aware that the access and usage of Inlife Portugal websites, of its contents, materials, forms and services are of their only and exclusive responsibility.
- Access, registration, navigation, usage, storage and/or download of materials and/or usage of services of any website and/or contents of Inlife Portugal by minors (under 18 years old) is forbidden. The user, by accessing or using any website content of Inlife Portugal confirms that he/she is at least 18 years old.
Usage of websites and services of Inlife Portugal
- Inlife Portugal websites are used by Inlifers to request services of Housing Trip and My Inlife Advisor and requests of accommodation by a period higher than one month.
- The accommodations are published on the landlord platforms of Inlife Portugal by the Owners/Landlords, or by Inlife Portugal team upon request and approval of the Owner/Landlord.
- Inlife Portugal is not the Owner/Landlord or a real estate and does not own, sells, resell, supplies or controls the properties or accommodations published on it’s websites.
- Inlife Portugal responsibilities are limited to:
- Supply the website as a platform of intermediation between users, Inlifers, Owner/Landlord and service providers.
- Supply it’s own services, mainly the Housing Trip, My Inlife Advisor, Booking Fee, Exclusive Accommodation Services and Property Management Services.
- The restrain of the First Payment transferred by Inlifers to Inlife Portugal, on behalf of the Owner/Landlord, and once he has accepted the reservation requests, so that that First Payment is transferred to the Owner/Landlord after deduction of fees related to Exclusive accommodation Services and Property Management services, added of the respective value-added tax (VAT). Inlife Portugal will not receive any additional payment from Inlifers after the reservation is confirmed by the Owner/Landlords being, after that moment, the Owner/Landlord the only responsible for receiving the rent payments or any other services fees, unless there is other previous agreement established between the Owner/Landlord and Inlife Portugal.
Advertising of accommodations on Inlife Portugal Websites
- The listings present on Inlife Portugal landlords platform can be prepared by the Owner/Landlords but they will always be verified by Inlife Portugal team.
- The Owner/Landlord can request to Inlife Portugal team the collection of photographs and validation of the main characteristics of the accommodation.
- The Owner/Landlord agrees that Inlife Portugal team can access the accommodation with the purpose of taking pictures, record videos or make any other material needed to include on Inlife Portugal websites or advertisement of their accommodation.
- The published information in listings are suggestive and serve as an explanatory resource. Inlife Portugal will not be responsible, in any way, by any imprecisions found on the published listings and that have been wrongly reported or communicated by the Owner/Landlord.
- The Owner/Landlord commits himself to supply to Inlife Portugal all the needed and requested information, which includes, but does not limit itself to, the location, capability, size, characteristics and availability of the accommodation, including price and all that refers to the payment conditions.
- Listings and audiovisual material can be created for the Owner/Landlord which choose to work exclusively with Inlife Portugal, granting the Owner/Landlord automatically it’s authorization to Inlife Portugal to publish the listings accordingly to his guidelines and accepting, with no reserves, these Terms and Conditions.
- The Owner/Landlord acknowledges and accepts that, once an Inlifer makes a reservation for its accommodation, its price can not be changed.
- Inlife Portugal only ensures the accommodation conditions published on its websites on the date that their were last verified by Inlife Portugal team and/or on the date that the Housing Trip or a Virtual Tour was made. Inlifers acknowledge that the accommodation for which they made the reservation may have been verified on a previous date from the date on which they made the reservation and that the accommodation characteristics may be different from the ones verified by Inlife Portugal on a previous date. However, the Owner/Landlord commits itself to keep the accommodation conditions similar to the ones on the listings. On the unlikely event that the accommodation conditions are significantly different from the ones published on the listing, Inlife Portugal reserves itself the right to withdraw such listings from it’s websites and to request a compensation from the Owner/Landlord for any costs or losses caused.
- If the Owner/Landlord use any other platform or means to rent the accommodation, Inlife Portugal will remain owner of all author rights or any other intellectual property regarding the audiovisual and material created by its team and only Inlife Portugal can provide the right to use such material. In the event of the Owner/Landlord or any other third party use Inlife Portugal material without its written consent, Inlife Portugal reserves the right to demand the use of such material to cease and demand payment for any damage or losses caused.
Housing Trip and My Inlife Advisor Services Reservation Procedure
- The Inlifer, in order to use the Housing Trip and My Inlife Advisor services, supplies specific information about his preferences, through Inlife Portugal websites, and agrees to the consultation and treatment of the data by Inlife Portugal employees, such as sharing them with Owner/Landlord with whom Inlife Portugal has agreements.
- Regarding the Housing Trip service, the Inlifer has the right to the following services, for which payment of a single fee has to be made through Paypal or Debit Card / Credit Card:
- Search and match of 3 accommodation solutions in accordance with the Inlifer preferences and available on Inlife Portugal websites.
- Access to a personal advisor that receives the Inlifer on an agreed day and takes him to visit the 3 accommodation solution selected which should match or be very close to the preferences previously provided by the Inlifer.
- Support on matters related to the accommodation, location or with the city where the accommodation is located.
- Non specialized support on contractual matters between the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord.
- Regarding the service My Inlife Advisor the Inlifer has the right to the following services, for which payment of a single fee has to be made through Paypal or Debit Card / Credit Card:
- Search and matching with three solutions of accommodation according with the Inlifer preferences and available on Inlife Portugal websites.
- Access to a personal advisor that may, according to the accommodation availability, make a virtual tour with the Inlifer, on a platform and selected date, and may take him to visit up to three selected accommodation solutions that should coincide or be close to the preferences previously listed by the Inlifer.
- Support on matters related to the accommodation, location or with the city where the accommodation is located.
- Non specialized support on contractual matters between the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord.
Accommodation Reservation Procedure on Inlife Portugal websites
- The Inlifer, after deciding the accommodation for which he wants to make a reservation, pays a reservation fee and authorizes Inlife Portugal to share his informations with the Owner/Landlord, for acceptance or rejection of the reservation request.
- Inlife Portugal will present to the Inlifer the monthly amounts associated with the required accommodation and respective service fees associated with the accommodation reservation. The Inlifer authorizes that the amount of the first rent will be retained by Inlife Portugal in the event that reservation is accepted by the Owner/Landlord, through the available means of payment on Inlife Portugal websites.
- In case the Inlifer requires, Inlife Portugal can provide a settlement receipt of the paid amounts regarding the first rent, however the full responsibility of issuing the invoice/receipt of such amount is of the Owner/Landlord.
- Once the Inlifer makes the reservation request on Inlife Portugal websites, it will receive an automatic generated email with the reservation resume information. Following this procedure, Inlife Portugal will send a reservation request to the Owner/Landlord, who will have 48 hours to accept or reject it. After the 48 hour deadline is over, if Inlife Portugal does not receive an answer from the Owner/Landlord, it reserves the right to consider the reservation request rejected.
- By making a reservation request on Inlife Portugal websites, the Inlifer authorizes Inlife Portugal to share with the Owner/Landlord the following data, as means of the reservation acceptance and only for that end:
- Name, age, nationality, company, university, profession, education and any other information that the Owner/Landlord request specifically and that has been shared by the Inlifer with Inlife Portugal.
- The Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer acknowledge and accept that they are responsible by their own actions and by any wrongful usage of the shared information.
- In the event that the Owner/Landlord accepts the reservation requested by the Inlifer, Inlife Portugal will retain the first payment and the reservation fee, along with the correspondent value-added tax (VAT), and will send an email to the Owner/Landlord and to the Inlifer, confirming the reservation and connecting both parties. From this moment on, the Owner/Landlord will became responsible for supplying all necessary information so that the Inlifer can access the accommodation.
- The Owner/Landlord acknowledges that he is the only responsible for any advertisement that he approves for publishing and has the right to authorize or reject the reservation request of that accommodation. Furthermore, the Owner/Landlord guarantees that by accepting a reservation request:
- He is not breaking any other contract made between himself and a third party;
- He is in accordance with all legislation, tax requirements or any other rule applicable to any accommodation published on Inlife Portugal websites.
- Inlife Portugal will not be responsible by any violation, by the Owner/Landlord, of the law, rules or any other applicable regulations. Inlife Portugal reserves itself the right of, at any point in time and with no further notice, to remove the publishing or disable the access to any advertisement, by any reason and by its own judgement, including any advertisement that considers to be breaking the terms and conditions on this document.
- The Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer acknowledge and agree that Inlife Portugal will not act, in any way, as an agent of any kind on behalf of the Owner/Landlord, unless it has been agreed by the parties in a written document. Regardless of the mentioned facts, Inlife Portugal acts as an authorized intermediary of the Owner/Landlord to accept and receive exclusively the first payment made by the Inlifer for the accommodation reservation and, after deducting the applicable service fee and value-added tax (VAT), transfer that payment to the Owner/Landlord.
- By using Inlife Portugal websites the users agree that any legal action or complaint that may arise as a consequence of actions or omissions from the Owner/Landlord, Inlifers or other third parties which may result in damages to any of the parties, will be made exclusively against the part in question, not involving Inlife Portugal in any legal action or claim related to such omissions or actions.
- Inlife Portugal advises the Owner/Landlord to hire an appropriate insurance for the accommodation and to obey with all applicable legislation to its activity.
- Inlife Portugal will not be responsible for the removal or theft of any object inside or outside the rented accommodation.
- The minimum reservation period that can be made through Inlife Portugal websites is of one month (30 days).
- When the Inlifer subscribes one of the services Housing Trip or My Inlife Advisor, it will make a single transfer to Inlife Portugal for the correspondent service plus the value-added tax (VAT), through the available payment methods on Inlife Portugal websites. This payment matches the provided service, as described on section “Housing Trip and My Inlife Advisor Services Reservation Procedure”.
- When the Inlifer makes a reservation that has been confirmed by the Owner/Landlord, it will make a bank transfer to Inlife Portugal for the accommodation first monthly payment and corresponded reservation fee, increased of the value-added tax (VAT), through the available payment methods on Inlife Portugal websites.
- The amount to be paid by the Inlifer is calculated as follows:
- The first payment will be equal to the accommodation monthly fee that, once the Inlifer has entered the accommodation, will by transfers to the Owner/Landlord, as a payment regarding the first monthly fee.
- The reservation fee is a percentage of the monthly fee amount, charged only once by Inlife Portugal, increased of the value-added tax (VAT). The reservation fee regards the reservation service and is used to cover processing costs, website costs, secure transactions and service support provided to the Inlifer.
- The service fee is a percentage of the total amount of the contract that Inlife Portugal charges to the Owner/Landlord for the provided services. The service fee and its correspondent value-added tax (VAT) will be deducted from the first payment to be transferred to the Owner/Landlord.
- Inlife Portugal transfers the first payment, minus the service tax and the value-added tax (VAT), to the Owner/Landlord, 48 hours after the Inlifer Move-in-date (the data indicated on the reservation), as long as the Inlifer hasn’t informed Inlife Portugal about any significant problem with the accommodation.
Promotional codes or Referrals Programmes codes only have effect if they are used at the reservation request moment. Under any circumstances can the referred codes be applicable on a later moment of the reservation request.
Policy for entrance on accommodations reserved through Inlife Portugal Websites
- After the moment that the Owner/Landlord approves the Inlifer reservation request and Inlife Portugal sends that reservation confirmation to the Inlifer and to the Owner/Landlord, including both parties contact information, it will be the Owner/Landlord responsibility to supply to the Inlifer all the information about the accommodation entrance procedures, except in cases where the Owner/Landlord has a written agreement with Inlife Portugal to make the Inlifers check-in.
- It’s of the Owner/Landlord entire responsibility to ensure that the accommodation reserved by the Inlifer is found on the expected and adequate conditions and that the published characteristics on the accommodation advertisement match the accommodation that the Inlifer finds, as well as the published prices.
- The Inlifer can inform Inlife Portugal, within a 48 hours deadline after the Move-in-date to the accommodation, about all significant problems found on the accommodation, as well as inform about the accommodation impression regarding the advertisement, sending an email to email@example.com as follows:
- Indicates the reservation number on the email subject;
- Puts the Owner/Landlord as Cc on the email and attaches the necessary evidences (photos and/or videos) of the significant problems and discrepancies regarding the accommodation advertisement.
- Once the email has been received by Inlife Portugal team, the circumstances will be verified and evaluated.
- Expired the 48 hours deadline after the date that the Inlifer marked as Move-in-date (on the reservation moment) the reservation will be considered as finished and any claims regarding significant problems related to the reservation will not be considered as valid. Therefore, any other problems that will occur or be reported, after the 48 hours deadline, should be treated between the Inlifer and the landlord.
- A significant problem is defined as a circumstance that involves non habitable conditions, health hazard and/or substantial modifications that differ from the advertisement description and cannot be corrected within a reasonable deadline.
- In the event that Inlife Portugal team considers the existence of a significant problem, the Owner/Landlord will have a 48 hours deadline to initiate actions to solve the reported problems, which should be solved within a reasonable deadline and in agreement with Inlife Portugal and the Inlifer.
- In case the Owner/Landlord does not solve the problems within a reasonable period to time, he will have broken these Terms and Conditions, which authorizes the Inlifer to cancel his reservation, which means the Owner/Landlord will not receive the amount regarding the first monthly fee (it will be given back to the Inlifer), but he will continue in debt of Inlife Portugal service fees. Inlife Portugal will offer the Inlifer, at his choice, one of the following solutions:
- Inlife Portugal team can search for a accommodation with similar characteristics and the Inlifer can accept or reject that accommodation. This possibility will always depend on the availability of a accommodation with similar characteristics. In case the price of the replacement accommodation, proposed by Inlife Portugal, is inferior to the price of the previous reservation, Inlife Portugal will pay to the Inlifer the difference between the new price and the one of the initial reservation.
- Inlife Portugal team will reimburse the Inlifer with the reservation fee plus the correspondent value-added tax (VAT) plus the amount paid for the first monthly fee payment.
- In the event that Inlife Portugal founds that there is no significant problem with the accommodation and the Inlifer cancels the reservation based on non significant reasons, the Inlifer will lose his reservation fee plus the correspondent value-added tax (VAT) plus the amount regarding the first payment. The amount regarding the first payment will be transferred to the Owner/Landlord and he will be responsible by its reimbursement or not.
Rental Contracts and Service Contracts of accommodation or other similar
- Rental contracts or service contracts of accommodation or other similar, are made and signed by the Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer, being a process that Inlife Portugal is not a part of. In consequence, it cannot be imputed to Inlife Portugal any responsibility that results from legal actions, therefore Inlife Portugal cannot be included in cases of dispute, disagreement or claim. Any other situation resulting from rental contracts or service contracts of accommodation, or other similar, will be resolved between the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord. In addition, Inlife Portugal will not be an integral part on any negotiation or dispute regarding security deposits (unless there is a written agreement between the Owner/Landlord and Inlife Portugal).
- Inlife Portugal recommends that both the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord read carefully the terms of the established contracts between them, as these documents are the instruments that bind the relationship between them.
Article 16.º of the directive 2011/83/UE from the European Parliament and Council, from 25th October of 2011, establishes the exceptions to the right of termination/cancellation:
- “The Member States do not predict the right to resolution of contracts laid down on articles 9 and 15, mainly contracts established from distance and contracts established outside commercial establishments, as far as the following is concern:
- Service contracts after the service has been fully performed if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent, and with the acknowledgement that he will lose his right of withdrawal once the contract has been fully performed by the service provider.”
Inlife Portugal services are considered totally executed:
- When the Inlifer requests a Housing Trip and has been presented with 3 accommodation options through one tour. Even if the Inlifer does not choose any of the accommodation solutions presented, the contract made between Inlife Portugal and the Inlifer is considered totally executed at the moment that the third accommodation option is presented. In the case that the Inlifer chooses not to make the service, not to visit the three available options, or to cancel the service without any of reasonable motive, and after Inlife has began the diligences to provide the service, it is considered that the service was fully provided.
- When the Inlifer requests My Inlife Advisor service and he was presented with 3 accommodation choices on the online platform, that may still, according to availability, be presented by live video call. Even if the Inlifer does not choose any of the accommodation solution present to him, the contract celebrated between Inlife Portugal and the Inlifer is considered fully executed at the moment in which the third accommodation option is presented. In case the Inlifer chooses not to perform the service, nor the live tours available, or to cancel the service without any of reasonable motive, and after Inlife has began the diligences to provide the service, it is considered that the service was fully provided.
- The Housing Trip and My Inlife Advisor services can be changed in terms of dates or can be used by a third party that may not be the original Inlifer that requested and paid initially for the service, as long as the initial conditions remain the same.
- Total cancellation or non use of the services on the scheduled date or on a later pre-agreed date between Inlife Portugal and the Inlifer, is subject to a penalty fee of 100%.
- When the Inlifer made a reservation request and when the Owner/Landlord has accepted that same reservation request.
- When the Owner/Landlord has approved the Inlifer reservation request.
IN ACCORDANCE, THE USER DECLARES THAT HE UNDERSTANDS, ACCEPTS AND RECOGNIZES THAT ONCE THE SERVICES HAVE BEEN TOTALLY MADE AVAILABLE (AS DESCRIBED ABOVE) BY INLIFE PORTUGAL, HE WILL HAVE LOST HIS RIGHT OF CANCELLATION.
Cancellation Policy for Owners
- In case the reservation request has been approved by the Owner/Landlord, and where the Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord have signed a contract among themselves, on a implicit or explicit way, the cancellation policies will be included on the above mentioned contract, of which Inlife Portugal is not an integral part.
- In case the Owner cancels the reservation before the Move-in-date, the Inlifer will be reimbursed of the reservation fee, along with the value-added tax (VAT) and the first payment. Regarding the service fee charged to the owner:
- If the Owner/Landlord cancels the reservation with a pre-notice inferior to 60 days, with regards to the Move-in-date, Inlife Portugal will charge the service fee for the reservation to the Owner/Landlord, increased of 25% of the amount of the first rent paid by the Inlifer.
- In case the Owner/Landlord cancels the reservation on a deadline equal or superior to 60 days to the Move-in-data, Inlife Portugal will charge the Owner/Landlord a service fee of 50% of that reservation.
- In the case of the Owner/Landlord cancels the reservation in a period inferior to 48 hours after the Move-in-date, which means on the period that Inlife Portugal still holds the amount of the first monthly fee paid by the Inlifer, and if there are no imputable reasons to the Inlifer, Inlife Portugal will not transfer the amount of the first monthly fee paid by the Inlifer and, additionally, will charge to the Owner/Landlord a service fee increased of 50% to the amount of the first monthly fee paid by the Inlifer.
- Inlife Portugal reserves the right to claim any one of the above mentioned amounts in case of need to apply the mentioned penalties, where the Owner/Landlord acknowledges and agrees that Inlife Portugal will send a payment request and that he/she will remain obliged to pay those compensation amounts to Inlife Portugal.
Cancellation Police for Inlifers
- When an Inlifer makes a request for Housing Trip or My Inlife advisor, Inlife Portugal will charge the Inlifer a fee indicated on the date which the request was made, increased of the value-added tax (VAT). In case the Inlifer cancels or does not use the Housing Trip or My Inlife advisor services, Inlife Portugal will apply an 100% penalty fee, unless the cancellation was made due to reasons of force majeure. However, the Inlifer can request a change of the date where he wants to use the Housing Trip or My Inlife advisor services, or allocate the right of usage to a third party, on the same conditions which the service was subscribed.
- When an Inlifer makes a reservation request for an accommodation and this is approved by the Owner/Landlord, Inlife Portugal will charge the Inlifer with the reservation fee plus the value-added tax (VAT), together with the first payment. In case the Inlifer cancels the reservation request before this is approved by the Owner/Landlord, no amount will be charged to the Inlifer.
- In case the reservation request is accepted by the Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer cancels the reservation, a reservation fee and its correspondent value-added tax (VAT) will not be reimbursed by Inlife Portugal to the Inlifer and:
- If the cancellation of the reservation is made on a deadline equal or inferior to 60 days as per the Move-in-date, Inlife Portugal will not reimburse any amount to the Inlifer and will transfer the amount of the first monthly fee to the Owner/Landlord, deducting the applicable service fee over the first month.
- If the reservation cancellation request is made on a deadline superior to 60 days as per the Move-in-date, Inlife Portugal will reimburse the Inlifer the equivalent to 50% of the first monthly fee amount and will transfer the remaining amount to the Owner/Landlord, deducting the applicable service fee over half of the first month.
- When the Inlifer wants to cancel or change a reservation request:
- In case the Inlifer has notified, through the email firstname.lastname@example.org the intent to cancel or modify a reservation, Inlife Portugal team, will send an email granting a 48 hour deadline for the Inlifer to confirm his intent to cancel or modify the reservation. In case the Inlifer does not respond to the email within the mentioned deadline, it will be considered that he cancelled the reservation and the above Cancellation Policies will be applied.
Rent Payments or amounts associated with service accommodation contracts
After the rental contract, or any other contract made between Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord, has been signed on an implicit or explicit way, it’s of the entire responsibility of the Owner/Landlord to charge all the amounts agreed with the Inlifer, unless there is an agreement stating opposite between Inlife Portugal and the Owner/Landlord. Inlife Portugal cannot be held accountable, in any way, for charging rent payments or other related amounts to accommodation contracts, or any other pending payment that may arise during the Inlifer stay.
Release of Liabilities
48 hours after the Move-in-date of the Inlifer to the accommodation and where Inlife Portugal has transferred the first payment to the Owner/Landlord, all legal responsibility or any other kind of relationship between Inlife Portugal and the Inlifer and Inlife Portugal and the Owner/Landlord will expire regarding the reservation. Inlife Portugal does not held itself responsible, by any reason or by any event resulting from the subsequent relationship between Owner/Landlord and Inlifer.
- As soon as the reservation request is confirmed by the Owner/Landlord, the related invoices will be sent to the Owner/Landlord and the Inlifer with a breakdown of the correspondent value-added tax (VAT), or any other applicable tax, depending on the country or transaction location.
- If a cancellation occurs from the Owner/Landlord or the Inlifer the described cancellation policies from the section Cancellation Policy for Owners or Cancellation Policy for Inlifers will be applied and the respective fiscal documents will be issued.
The Inlifer is responsible for keeping the accommodation on the same conditions that the accommodation was upon his arrival. The Inlifer and the Owner/Landlord acknowledge and accept that they are responsible by their own acts or omissions, as well as those they have invited or give access to the accommodation. Inlife Portugal will not be responsible, in any way, by the damage caused in the accommodation and, in case of such events, the occurrence must be resolved between Owner/Landlord and Inlifer, has per the contract made between them.
Anticipated exit with non payment by the Inlifer
- In case the Inlifer leaves the accommodation before the established Move-out-date and without previous written consent by the Owner/Landlord, not paying the amount in debt to the Owner/Landlord, it should be applied the non return of the security deposit paid by the Inlifer to ensure the payment of the month in question to the Owner/Landlord. On such cases, Inlife Portugal will try to find a new Inlifer to fulfil the remaining contractual period, given priority to the unoccupied accommodation.
- In case the Owner/Landlord with exclusivity contract with Inlife Portugal, the applied policy is as described on the section Guarantee to Owner/Landlord with exclusivity contract.
Terminate and close Accounts created on Inlife Portugal websites
- Inlife Portugal, at its exclusive criterion and without need to substantiate its reasons, may restrict access to their websites, deactivate or cancel publicity, without being held responsible in any way and without any obligation of previous notice.
- The Owner/Landlord may request that Inlife Portugal remove its own advertisement on Inlife Portugal websites, sending an email to: email@example.com. In case of removed advertisements, Inlife Portugal shall not be obligated to transfer the advertisements contents to any Owner/Landlord.
Assessment and Opinion
Applicable Legislation and conflict resolution
These Terms and Conditions should be interpreted by the portuguese law. In the event there is the need to settle any legal situations or clarify interpretation questions or execution of the present contract, it will be competent the Lisbon Courts, and no other.
Guarantee of Inlife Portugal to Owners/Landlords with exclusive contract and Inlifers
Under certain circumstances, Inlife Portugal will supply Guarantee to Owners and Inlifers. INLIFE PORTUGAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO WITHWRALL OR CHANGE THIS POLICY AT ANY POINT IN TIME. We recommend the carefully reading of these Terms and Conditions with regularity to be informed about any changes.
The Guarantee is an additional service that Inlife Portugal supplies to Owners/Landlords with exclusivity contract and to all Inlifers.
Guarantee to Owners/Landlords with exclusivity contract
- In case the Inlifer causes damages in the accommodation, that are directly imputable, during the period of stay, and in a deliberate or negligent way, and considering that the damage is not due to normal wear and since the costs of repair exceed the amount of the deposit paid by the Inlifer, Inlife Portugal can supply coverage up to the amount of 250 Euros, at the discretion of Inlife Portugal, once the following requirements are met:
- The Owner/Landlord should contact Inlife Portugal within seven days counting from the date that the damage was caused.
- Within five days after notifying Inlife Portugal about the damage, the Owner/Landlord should send the required documents to prove the damage, together with the budget to perform the repair. The required documentation is as follows:
- Photographs of the caused damaged by the Inlifer.
- Copy of the rental contract (if applicable).
- Copy of the receipt from the deposit/security.
- Inlife Portugal will always contact the Inlifer and any third party, relevant and necessary to verify the informations sent by the Owner/Landlord.
- The Guarantee will cover exclusively the area and damage object and not the labour costs, cosmetics damage, transport and taxes (VAT). The following items are excluded from the Guarantee: art, jewellery, money or personal objects such as computers, tablets, wallets or clothes, among others.
- Inlife Portugal reserves the right to supply the services to repair the caused damages.
B) Anticipated exit or non payment by the Inlifer:
- In case the Inlifer leaves the accommodation before the Move-out-date established and without previous written consent from the Owner/Landlord, not paying the amount in debt to the Owner/Landlord, Inlife Portugal will have a 30 days deadline to find a new Inlifer.
- The first month of vacancy should be covered by the amount of the security deposit paid directly by the Inlifer to the Owner/Landlord.
- After the 30 days vacancy period, and in case that Inlife Portugal does not find a new Inlifer for the unoccupied accommodation, Inlife Portugal will pay to the Owner/Landlord the correspondent amount of the agreed rents during the remaining contractual period, until it finds a new Inlifer.
All the above mentioned policies will be applied only when the following conditions have been met and the evaluation is made at the discretion of Inlife Portugal:
- The Owner/Landlord should notify Inlife Portugal, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org on the maximum deadline of 48 hours from the day which the Inlifer vacates the accommodation without making the final payment.
- The owner should accept the new Inlifer supplied by Inlife Portugal.
- The Inlifer indeed vacated the accommodation without paying the amounts in debt, and with no payment agreement, and the accommodation is available and announced exclusively on Inlife Portugal websites to be reserved by another Inlifer.
- Within five days notice to Inlife Portugal of the early exit of the Inlifer, the Owner/Landlord should send the necessary documentation to prove it. The necessary documentation is the following:
- Confirmation of the date that the Inlifer abandoned the accommodation before the Move-out-date, resulting on lack of payment.
- Copy of the rental contract or any other made contract.
- Copy of the receipt of the deposit/security.
- The Guarantee will be applied exclusively in case that the Inlifer deposit is insufficient to cover the amounts in debt by the Inlifer.
C) Waiver of the Cancellation Policy for the Owners in case of reasons of majeure force
- In case the Owner/Landlord cancels a reservation due to reasons of majeure force, Inlife Portugal will waive the Cancellation Policy, as long as sufficient documentation has been submitted to prove. This evaluation is made by Inlife Portugal team.
Reasons of majeure force for reservation cancellation from Owners
- Serious injury, sickness or death of own, first degree relative, minor or unable person where the Owner is the legal responsible.
- Serious damage to the accommodation caused by natural disasters or disasters oblivious to the Owner.
- Official statement of a zone of disaster on the city where the accommodation is located.
Guarantee applicable to Inlifers
A) Waiver of the Cancellation Policy to Inlifers in case of reasons of majeure force
- If the Inlifer cancels his reservation due to reasons of majeure force, Inlife Portugal will renounce to the Cancellation Policy to Inlifers and reimburse the amount paid by the Inlifer to Inlife Portugal, as long as sufficient documentation has been submitted as proof. This evaluation is made by Inlife Portugal team.
Reasons of majeure force for reservation cancellation from Inlifers
- Serious injury, sickness or death of own, first degree relative, minor or unable person where the Inlifer is legal responsible.
- Serious damage or significant problem on the accommodation.
- Start of Inlifers work on a new company on which they were not employed on the six previous months to the reservation date and were the work place is on a different city of the reservation.
- Official statement of a zone of disaster on the city where the accommodation is located.
B) Cancellation of the reservation by the Owner/Landlord within 48 hours after the arrival date, without imputable reasons to the Inlifer.
- In case the Owner/Landlord cancels the reservation within 48 hours after the arrival date to the accommodation, without imputable reasons to the Inlifer, Inlife Portugal will place the Inlifer on another accommodation, at Inlife Portugal discretion with no additional cost to the Inlifer, if the following requirements are met:
- Inlife Portugal as received the first payment made by the Inlifer and has not transferred it to the Owner/Landlord.
- There is an available accommodation on the same city were the Inlifer made the reservation.